Many advisors don’t know where to start when it comes to talking about life insurance with their clients. And that’s okay. It is not an easy conversation to have.
Go back to the basics to engage the client.
All you have to do is ask one of the following questions and suddenly the ball will be rolling:
- Do you own life insurance?
- May we review your current life insurance?
- May I review a policy statement?
- Why don’t you own life insurance?
- If something happened to you or your spouse, what would you do?
- Educate them. This is where we can come in as the analyst team to review their insurance and educate them on the market.
Simply asking to review their current policy info will drive business. If you take one thing away from this article it would be to focus on that one question for every client you meet.
“May we review your current life insurance?”
You will start having conversations related to insurance planning by asking that one simple question.